after music (wiersz klasyka)
Peabody Josephine Preston
- After music
- I SAW not they were strange, the ways I roam,
- Until the music called, and called me thence,
- And tears stirred in my heart as tears may come
- To lonely children straying far from home,
- Who know not how they wandered so, nor whence.
- If I might follow far and far away
- Unto the country where these songs abide,
- I think my soul would wake and find it day,
- Would tell me who I am, and why I stray,--
- Would tell me who I was before I died.
przysłano: 5 marca 2010